While etiquette depict proper and polite behavior, many individuals consider this protocol unrealistic. Nonetheless, the principles elitists follow are somewhat simple, and their code encompasses proper speech and vocabulary, restraining emotions, common courtesy, as well as clean appearance.
Here’s a list of 15 most important etiquette rules that everyone needs to follow:
1. When you’re walking with another person, and he/she says Hello to someone, you should also say Hello, irrespective of whether or not you know the people.
2. When you’re out, avoid keeping the smart phone or tablet on the table, as this is an indication that it’s more important than the meeting itself; people may believe you’re bored if you keep looking at it.
3. Whereas people think that sushi must be eaten using chopsticks, men can actually eat them with the hands.
4. Never ask a woman out if you plan to text or call someone the entire night.
5. Always thank people whenever they offer some help, to show appreciation. Never take people’s help for granted.
6. As a man, you may take the woman’s coat and leave it in the cloakroom, but never should you carry her bag.
7. Never spend so much time on an empty conversation over the phone. It’s best to go out and meet your friends in person if you need to spend time with them.
8. Staring at people is extremely rude; avoid it. Also, avoid laughing or talking too loudly.
9. Car drivers need to realize that it is not good to splash pedestrians with water.
10. In a concert hall, or at the cinema, proceed to your seat while facing those sitting.
11. Once you apologize and the apology is accepted, be sure never to repeat the same mistake again..
12. As a polite man, you need to treat every woman with respect.
13. Nine things should strictly remain secret – age, medical issues, religion, family quarrels, gifts, wealth, honor, affairs, and disgrace.
14. Even if you believe you’re fashionable, you should never be the only one following a trend; you may look ridiculous.
15. Always greet everyone whenever you enter a room, irrespective of your age, status, or profession.
These rules are there to make the world a better place. At times, acquiring these good manners might be hard, but with patience, you’ll master them to perfection. This will greatly improve your personality.