We all can use more energy, and a fruit smoothie is a delicious way to power up your day. Here, find six fruity, healthy options. You can always build from these recipes and create your own, depending on the fruit, yogurt and other ingredients you have available.
What you’ll need: a juicer, a blender or food processor, fresh fruits and vegetables, milks, herbs, and spices as the recipes require.
- Melon Melody Smoothie
- 1 cup watermelon cubes, 1 cup cantaloupe cubes, 1/2 cup honeydew melon cubes, 1 cup frozen strawberries, Puree all ingredients until creamy and smooth. This is an amazingly re-hydrating elixir, enjoy.
- Morning Sunshine Smoothie
- Packed with vitamin C, this sweet and tangy citrus smoothie will inspire smiles on even gloomy rainy morning. 2-3 freshly-juiced tangerines, 1 ruby red grapefruit (juiced) A handful of frozen strawberries. Peel and juice the tangerines with the grapefruit, and puree the blended juice with the frozen strawberries.
- Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- High in fiber, low in fat, full of protein, and absolutely delicious, this smoothie makes the perfect meal to start your day. Everyone loves a great peanut butter and banana sandwich, and this smoothie is a drinkable version of just that. With yogurt, milk, banana, peanut butter, oats, and honey, this will leave you feeling full and able to face the day ahead.
- Peanut butter and banana are a classic combo – especially sweetened with a drizzle of honey. For each 1-2 servings (depending on your energy needs or appetite) break 1 ripe banana into a blender with 1 cup plain yogurt, 2 Tbsp. peanut butter, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats and a squirt of honey to taste. (Quick or instant oats will more easily puree into the mix.)
- Super Energy Smoothie
- Loaded with healthy fruits and vegetables and packed with electrolytes, this smoothie is light, refreshing, and incredibly energizing. Even kids will love to sip this smoothie. The best part about this recipe is that it makes a big batch, so make several to freeze for later on in the week, or feed the whole family a nutritious breakfast in one easy step!
- Ingredients: 2 pints pineapple, 2 pints watermelon, 2 quarts coconut water, 1 bunch spinach, 1-2 cups blueberries, 2 green apples
- Green Power Smoothie
- This smoothie recipe is brought to you from a vegetarian cafe in New York City. Full of banana, pear, kale, almond butter, and soy milk, this drink is full of vital nutrients and protein– it also just so happens to be the number 1 selling item on their entire menu. This delicious drink will keep help you start your day with amazing energy, leave you feeling fuller for longer, and is even a great way to sneak in fruits and veggies for picky eaters.
- Ingredients: 1/2 Banana, 1/2 Pear, 1 Cup Kale, Packed, 1 Tablespoon Almond Butter, 1 Cup Plain Soy Milk
To do this at home, just chop the kale, pear, and banana into bite-sized pieces and freeze in an air-sealed cup, container, or bag with a tablespoon of almond butter.
- Creamsicle Breakfast Smoothie
- Who doesn’t want to start their day with a delicious and nutritious drink that tastes like everyone’s favorite popsicle? This tasty treat is the perfect balance of carbohydrates, protein, and electrolytes, making it the perfect breakfast to start your day. It will be difficult to only drink one.
- Ingredients: 1 cup cold pure coconut water, without added sugar or flavor, 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt,1 cup frozen or fresh mango chunk, 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, 2 cups ice
Whiz everything until smooth and serve immediately. Have a great day!