Flowers are the reproductive organs of plants and exist for one main purpose – to attract pollinators such as insects or birds.
But plants can be amazingly deceptive – some are able to mimic the smell of insects to attract them.
Flowers, can also, clearly, appear in a myriad of different and incredibly impressive shapes, colors, and size – and at times, the combination of these look strangely similar to other things.
Just check out the 17 amazing flowers below which look incredibly similar to other things – from monkeys to birds, to well… women’s private parts!
1. Monkey Face Orchid (Dracula Simia)
2. Moth Orchid (Phalaenopsis)
3.Naked Man Orchid (Orchis Italica)
4. Parrot Flower (Impatiens Psittacine)
5.White Egret Orchid (Habenaria Radiata)
6. Flying Duck Orchid (Caleana Major)
7. And this final one: what you’re looking at is actually just a close-up of wheat