The flesh of an avocado is healthy, and it is rich with vitamins and unsaturated fatty acids and minerals – nothing new there.
Avocado is an exotic fruit that ranks really high in terms of health benefits. But, many are unaware that the seed too can improve health on many levels. This is due to the fact that avocado seeds contain more than 65% of the amino acids found in this fruit. Plus, the seeds pack higher fiber content than most other fruits.
BENEFITS OF AVOCADO SEEDS
- It’s a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that effectively reduces the symptoms of arthritis.
- It’s also beneficial for reducing gastro-intestinal inflammation. It’s particularly useful in treatment of diarrhea, as well as other stomach complications.
- It stimulates the production of collagen in the body, which makes it particularly effective in reducing wrinkles and fine lines. Regular consumption of avocado seeds can make your skin firmer and more elastic.
- It’s a powerful immunity booster which prevents disease.
- It burns fat effectively and makes you feel full longer.
- It’s an amazing energy booster.
- It can be added to salads, brewed into tea, and added to smoothies or shakes.
- It’s a powerful anti-cancer agent that prevents the growth of tumors owing to its flayonol content.
Avocadoes are abundant in persin, a fungicidal toxin, which is normally harmless to humans, but dangerous to animals when consumed in high quantities. This oil-soluble compound has a similar structure to fatty acids. Although it’s found in the pit, it leaks into the flesh of the fruit as well. It can have negative implications in people prone to allergies.
Avocado can trigger allergies in some people. These normally appear in two forms – a tree-pollen allergy, which has local symptoms in the mouth and throat soon after eating avocado, and the second, known as latex-fruit syndrome, is linked to latex allergy. The latter is usually manifested through generalized urticaria, stomachache, and vomiting. Latex allergy can be a serious health threat.