Time and again it has been proved that natural remedies are not only better for our health over the medicines but are also comparatively cheaper on our pockets than the expensive new age drugs.
Onions are not new to anyone and their benefits are known to most of us. Apart from spicing up the curries with their pungent smell, it can also be used for curing the following –
- Earache – for centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections. When pain occurs in your ear, make use of onion. Place a clove in your ear let the onion heal the pain and inflammation.
- Migraine – the same can be done in case of headache. Leave the onion clove overnight and it will relieve you of the pain.
- Decreases body temperature – to cure fever, especially in kids, cut the onion in rings and soak them in apple cider vinegar. Put few drops in the ear and also put some on his feet.
- Cough – Onions can be very effective remedy for cough. The following steps should be followed to make onion syrup –
- Take one medium sized onion and 2-3 tablespoons of honey
- Chop the onion in a bowl and pour honey over it.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or home foil and leave it overnight.
- Next morning, use a strainer or sieve to strain the syrup.
Take one tablespoon of this syrup with a gap of every two hours. This syrup is for one day only. You can make fresh for next day and continue the dosage. This will surely give you relief from sore through and cough.