This quiche recipe is full of broccoli, Cheddar cheese and smoky ham surrounded by a crispy hash brown crust. Look for precooked shredded potatoes in the dairy section or in the produce section—or use frozen hash brown potatoes in this easy quiche recipe.
- 16 ounces precooked shredded potatoes or frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 1 3/4 cups liquid egg substitute, such as Egg Beaters, or 8 eggs, beaten, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup finely diced smoked ham
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Generously coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- If using hash browns, squeeze any excess moisture from the thawed potatoes. Toss shredded potatoes (or hash browns) with 1/4 cup egg substitute, flour, oil and salt in a medium bowl. Pat the mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the prepared springform pan. Bake until the potatoes are beginning to brown at the edges, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Fill the crust with broccoli, cheese and ham. Whisk the remaining 1 1/2 cups egg substitute, sour cream, chives and pepper in a medium bowl. Place the pan on the prepared baking sheet and pour the egg mixture over the filling.
- Bake the quiche until the center is just set, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen the sides, remove the pan sides and cut the quiche into wedges.
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Per serving: 297 calories;16 g fat(7 g sat); 2 g fiber; 17 g carbohydrates; 21 g protein; 46 mcg folate; 41 mg cholesterol; 1 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1360 IU vitamin A; 31 mg vitamin C; 212 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 622 mg sodium; 436 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (52% daily value), Vitamin A (27% dv), Calcium (21% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 high-fat protein, 2 lean protein, 1 fat