The recipe we are suggesting today is perfect for both, meat lovers and vegetarians. It is high in healthy fats, and has a delicious, warm taste that will make it enjoyable for the entire family!
If you are a fanof grains, you can combine it with wild rice, or you can add some tofu or chicken for additional protein.
This is how to prepare it:
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- protein 6 g
- fiber 6 g
- carbohydrate 18 g
- saturated fat 20 g
- calories 204
- fat 24 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- sodium 588 mg
Add the coconut oil in a medium stock pot, and heat it for half a minute on medium heat. Then, add the cumin seeds, and stir until they begin to sputter. Add the onions and cook for a minute. Next, add the tomatoes, stir well, and cook for several more minutes until they soften.
Then, add all the rest ingredients, stir well, and cover the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes, with occasional stirring, to prevent burning. You should ladle the stew into four serving bowls and the entire family can enjoy this delicious and incredibly healthy meal!
You can store the leftovers in an air-tight container and eat them for lunch the following day.