Makes 8 Rings (2-3 servings)
1 red onion, diced
2 chicken breasts, diced
1-2 tablespoons fajita spice mix
1-2 tablespoons salsa
½ lime, juiced
Handful of grated cheddar cheese
2-3 mixed colour bell peppers
2 eggs, beaten
6 taco shells, crushed
Dips, for serving
1. Fry the onion and chicken in a little oil until the onions are translucent and the chicken is cooked through.
2. Add the fajita spice mix, salsa, cheese, and lime juice.
3. Cook and stir until the cheese has melted and everything is combined.
4. Slice the peppers into thick rings, remove all seeds, and place onto a tray lined with baking paper.
5. Spoon the mixture into each pepper ring and freeze until set, approx. 1-2 hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
7. Dip the frozen pepper rings (which should now hold their shape) into the eggs and then the crushed taco shells.
8. Place back on the baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally until browned and crispy.
9. Serve with a selection of dips such as soured cream and chive, guacamole, and salsa.