People do not really fancy garlic, probably due to their lack of knowledge regarding its healing properties. Garlic has the power to heal and protect human body from bacteria and diseases, while strengthening the immune system and regulating gut flora.
Garlic is mostly used by people who live on the country side as a first aid option every time they struggle with a disease or simply to prevent ailments. They have never questioned its power nor turned away from its smell, because they are fully aware of its power.
Historical records show that garlic was cultivated 5,000 years ago. Arabs, Jews, Greeks, Assyrians, Romans and especially Egyptians used it in their diet. Egyptians invented eight hundred remedies, and 22 of them were based on garlic. Interestingly, it was Pythagora’s favorite spice.
Garlic provides most of its benefits when consumed raw on an empty stomach. This morning habit helps in preventing and treating diseases efficiently. Scientists have revealed that this increases garlic’s antibiotic properties.
Stay away from antibiotics
Garlic has proven to be amazing in treating fungal infections, colds, flu and almost any ailment people treat with pharmaceutical solutions.
Crushing or grinding garlic cloves helps in the creation of allicin, known for its strong bacteriostatic effect that fights off infections.
Garlic is loaded with many other phytoncides, essential oils, extractives, phytosterols, vitamins C, D and B, phosphoric and sulfuric acid, silicon, magnesium, calcium, magnesium, selenium, potassium, and sodium. It is also packed with antioxidants and more than 400 mineral components.
Garlic — Health benefits
- Prevents artery clogging and aging
- Reduces bad cholesterol
- Strengthens immunity, enabling the body to withstand dangerous intruders
- Kills off bacteria
- Protects against heart diseases
- Affects the synthesis of triglycerides and prevents atherosclerosis
- Decreases blood pressure
- Provides strong anti-inflammatory properties
- Acts as a natural antibiotic and treats colds
- Aids in treating disorders of the nervous system
- Destroys malignant brain tumor cells
- Acts as an anticoagulant and prevents blood clotting; this helps in decreasing the risk of heart attack and stroke