Castor oil is loaded with vitamin E, minerals and proteins and has powerful antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Furthermore, it is rich in omega 9 fatty acids, which are essential for proper hair and follicle nourishment and can stimulate hair growth and re-growth. Also, it has the ability to thicken your eyelashes and eyebrows. Almost 90% of castor oil is made up of ricinoleic acid, an unsaturated omega-9 fatty acid.
The Many Castor Oil Uses and Benefits
Castor oil is able to penetrate deeply in the pores and follicles, allowing stimulation of hair growth and re-growth.
– Boosts the lymphatic sysem. “No drug exists that has the ability to improve lymphatic flow; however, the job can easily be handled through the relevant application of Castor oil.” , according to Dr David Williams.
– Powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Due to its rich ricinoleic acid, castor oil can prevent inflammation and helps in the treatment of inflammatory bowel syndrome and dysentery.
– Yeast Infections- Ricinoleic acid has the ability to inhibit bacterial and yeast growth and prevent viral infections.
– Relieves constipation- Castor oil prevents inflammation and promotes regular bowel movements.
– Menstrual disorders- Castor oil acts as a cramp-relieving agent which can help with menstrual cramps.
– Acne- Ricinoleic acid is extremely powerful in treating a number of skin conditions.
– Athlete`s Foot
– Hair and Dandruff
The wide range of beneficial effects of castor oil includes fungicidal, insecticidal and germicidal properties which can protect the scalp from microbial and fungal infections, and can help treat dandruff.
Castor oil packs
Put castor oil on a piece of cloth and apply it on the skin to treat a number of health conditions, including swollen joints, fibroids, kidney stones, digestive problems, irritable bowel syndrome and menstrual cramps. For better results, place a container with hot water on the castor pack. Let it act for 60 minutes. Repeat the procedure at least 3 times a week.