Mouth ulcers, also known as canker sores, are a common issue which is painful and also very unpleasant. Mouth ulcers are white and can appear anywhere inside the oral cavity. There are many reasons for their appearance, however these are the main two:
Minor ulcers are the most usual type or it is also known as aphthous stomatitis and it happens in at least 80% of the cases. Their healing normally requires about 7 to 10 days.
Major or severe ulcer happens in around 10% of the cases of aphthous stomatitis. They are commonly known as the major aphthous ulceration. In most cases, they go together with adjacent ulcers and produce a larger one, which leads to great pain.
These kinds of ulcers are also really painful and it usually occurs due to an infection with herpes simplex. In this case, they normally reoccur and women are more prone to them than men. They commonly come in clusters of 100 smaller and painful ulcers.
Here are the most common reasons behind mouth ulceration:
- Unhygienic dental conditions
- Food allergies
- Accidental bites in the mouth and the cheeks
- Herpes simplex infections
- Deficiencies in essential nutrients such as iron, Vitamin B12 and C
- Skin disease
- Some diseases in the bowels
- Underlying disease conditions
Luckily, mouth ulcers, cancer sores and other diseases that are related to it can be treated in a natural and effective way.
HERE ARE THE MOST EFFECTIVE HOME REMEDIES:
- Just gargle with a glass of cold water and a glass of lukewarm water. Coconut milk is another amazing remedy. All you need to do is to extract the milk by grating the fresh coconut and use it in gargling for at least 3 to 5 times a day.
- In a cup of water, add a teaspoon of coriander seeds and boil them. Use the mixture as a mouthwash while it is still a little warm for about 3 to 4 times on a daily basis.
- Aloe Vera has the ability to offer efficient effects in this kind of cases. You just need to take at least 2 tablespoons of its gel for about three times a day.
- Boil a cup of fenugreek leaves in 2 cups of water. Strain the mixture and then cover it. Use this mixture as a mouthwash for about 2 to 3 times on a regular basis.
- You can also prepare a salt water mixture mouthwash by letting a ½ teaspoon of salt to be dissolved in a cup of water. Gargle it for at least half an hour before spiting it out.
- Boil some pieces of coriander leaves in water and let it cool for some time. After doing so, use it as a mouthwash for at least 3 to 4 times a day.
- Chew around 5 to 6 pieces of holy basil leaves and consume some water. Do this method for around 5 to 6 times regularly.
- Consume raw tomatoes every time that you are experiencing mouth ulcers, or you can also gargle with tomato juice for at least 3 to 5 times daily.
- Combine a teaspoon of honey and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric in order to create a paste and use it to rub on the painful areas.
These tips and natural remedies will actually help you effectively in treating mouth ulcers in a simple, safe and fast way.