Everyone masturbates, right? Or do they? And why is it so embarrassing to talk about? Should we be doing it more?
Here are six great reasons why masturbation should be an essential part of your wellness and self-care routine:
1. It’s good for your heart
There was a research, conducted in Israel in 1976, in which over a 100 women showed that women who are more prone to heart disease, had fewer orgasms. But this is not a reason of giving up cardio exercises of course, but it means that you can enjoy yourself whenever you have the need to.
2. It’ll help you sleep better
When you have problems with falling asleep, you suffer from insomnia, it is very hard to spend half the night shaking in your bed. So, the next time when you will be e in such situation, masturbate as prolactin is secreted with the orgasm, and it has a soporific effect. That’s why orgasm is known as a natural antidepressant.
3. It’s good for your vagina
The pelvic floor muscles must be used regularly, arching the back and experiencing contractions of your vagina, in order to maintain the sexual function of those parts of the body. So, masturbation helps in maintaining regular blood flow to those parts.
4. It’ll help you live longer
Besides having shiny skin, you will also have a wonderful mood, as well as an excellent heart condition. And you will live longer of course! A study conducted on hundreds of couples, showed that those women satisfied with their sex life live longer than those that have a bad one.
5. It’s safe. Unless you start to feel that masturbating is negatively impacting other aspects of your life (such as relationships with friends or family), it’s one of the safest ways to satisfy your sexual needs, so whether you’re going through a dry spell or simply want to indulge in some alone time, masturbation is one of the best ways to do that and not have to worry about STDs or pregnancy.
6. It reduces stress. You get a natural high when you orgasm and you don’t have to rely on another person for this wonderful feeling. Some (though not all) studies suggest it can even help prevent depression. Feeling down? That’s the perfect time to show yourself some love.