Do NOT Use Your Phone While It Is Charging. You’ve Been Warned!

Injuries caused by using cellphone are quite rare but they do happen.

Samsung has already been forced to recall the Note 7 handset due to them exploding. The fault has been put down to a problem with the batteries, which caused the phone to overheat and in some cases burst into flames and leak dangerous chemicals.

American Daniel Ramirez was badly burned when his S7 Edge exploded in his pocket – prompting him to sue Samsung for £11,000.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones will be banned from all airline flights after nearly 100 incidents of the devices overheating and sometimes injuring owners, the Transportation Department announced Friday.

The Federal Aviation Administration previously urged travelers not to turn on the phones, pack them in checked luggage or charge them during a flight. The new ban is effective at noon Saturday, Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx said.

“We recognize that banning these phones from airlines will inconvenience some passengers, but the safety of all those aboard an aircraft must take priority,” Foxx said. “We are taking this additional step because even one fire incident inflight poses a high risk of severe personal injury and puts many lives at risk.”


Gabbie Fedro is a 13 year old girl who suffered second – degree burns when the charger of her cellphone overheated. She had LG d500 which she had received as a gift for Christmas. One night her father heard Gabbie screaming in her bedroom.  Her mother stated: “She came running downstairs after it happened grabbing her neck. She was in so much pain she was screaming hysterically.” Unfortunately there were other cases when the phone chargers have proven dangerous.

The most of the injuries were caused by the phone’s lithium-ion batteries overheating which ended with explosions or burns.
In June 2014, a USB phone charger caused the death of Sheryl Anne Aldeguer from Australia, mother of two children. She was killed after the faulty charger sent a high current through her body throughout the headphones while she was speaking on the phone. Similarly, her phone had also been plugged into a wall socket. This incident was used to raise the awareness about cheap electronics and encouraged Fair Trading to warn the people about the sale of unapproved USB chargers in New South Wales.

However, there is no danger if you use properly working mobile phone and charging unit. Many people are using their mobile phone while it is still charging without incident or injury. This is especially common these days when people are using smart phones constantly and not only for making or taking a phone calls.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Inline
Inline