From root to leaves, all the parts of celery are beneficial to human health. It is extremely effective in treating asthma and rheumatism, as well as improving circulation and digestive disorders.
Research has proven that celery helps protect against inflammation in the digestive tract from its non-starchy polysaccharides. Celery is loaded with magnesium, vitamin K and fiber.
Its high levels of vitamin C help boost the immune system, can help relieve cold and flu symptoms, and lessen the severity of inflammatory conditions such as asthma.
The Numerous Health Benefits Of Celery.
- Powerful diuretic that aids in the reduction of uric acid in the body. It is beneficial for people suffering from bladder disorders, kidney problems, and cystitis
- Excellent for people suffering from arthritis, rheumatism, and gout. Its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce pain and swelling around the body’s joints. It also stimulates the regrowth of tissue.
- Promotes normal kidney function by aiding in the elimination of toxins. This also helps prevent kidney stones.
- Helps in preventing urinary tract infections.
- Its chemical compounds help lower the stress hormones in the blood. This allows blood vessels to expand, giving more room to move, thus reducing pressure. That, in turn, puts less stress on the cardiovascular system, reducing risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Helps treat bile diseases.
- Helps calm the nerves.
- Reduces “bad” cholesterol.
- Boosts libido.
- Relieves migraines.
- Regulates the body’s alkaline balance.
- Helps prevent age-related degeneration of vision.
A University of Illinois study suggested that a powerful flavonoid in celery inhibits the growth of cancer cells, particularly in the pancreas.
Scientists have identified at least a dozen antioxidants in celery which include dihydrostilbenoids, furanocoumarins, and psoralen. These phenolic nutrients that have been shown to help protect us against unwanted oxygen damage to our cells, blood vessels, and organ systems.