Stress can take a toll on your body’s natural defenses, but eating the right foods can offer relief.
We all feel wrung out sometimes by the stress of daily life and, unfortunately, we tend to reach for junk food. But high-calorie or sugary foods only trick us into thinking we feel better. End the cycle of eating bad-for-you foods and find relief elsewhere. Instead, add these truly anti-stress foods to your diet.
Eating healthy food and making that a conscious choice can actually offer some real stress relief.
We present Top 10 foods which can help you relieve stress:
10 Foods That Reduce Stress
1. Blueberries. They’re rich in antioxidants and vitamin C which helps repair and protect the cells whenever you’re stressed.
2. Avocado. Avocados have plenty of B vitamins which help promote healthy nerves and brain cells. They are also high in monounsaturated fat and potassium which help lower blood cholesterol.
3. Almonds. Munching on these vitamin B2 and vitamin E rich snacks boosts the immune system which helps protect the body against diseases.
4. Salmon. Salmon is one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids that help keep adrenaline and cortisol from spiking up and protect your heart whenever you’re stressed.
5. Orange. The vitamin C in oranges are also known to effectively lower cortisol levels in the body.
6. Spinach. Leafy greens such as spinach contains magnesium which regulates cortisol levels and provides a feeling of comfort and well-being.
7. Lemon balm tea. Drinking lemon balm tea, which has antioxidants, reduces stress and improves metabolism.
8. Dark chocolate. It reduces the cortisol levels of the body, and the antioxidants in the cocoa repairs the cells in the body.
9. Grapefruit. Grapefruit has an outstanding antioxidant activity that helps fight stress and boosts the immune system.
10. Carrots. Carrots contain carotenoids, which fight oxidative stress and boost the immune system as well.