Another good idea how to use old bread. Make homemade toasted cubes, chop vegetables of your choice and get a super combination. This is our suggestion for the vegetable salad with crispy toasted bread cubes.
Ingredients for Vegetable Salad with Crispy Toasted Bread Cubes :
- 14,1 oz (400 g) of bread
- 1medium cucumber
- 17,6 oz (500 g) of tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 15 olives without seeds
- 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar
- a little salt, pepper
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- a few fresh basil leaves
1. Chop the bread to pieces with a thickness of 0,3 inch (1 cm) then to cubes and place in a baking pan lined with baking paper. Bake the bread for ten minutes.
2. Meanwhile chop the cucumber, tomatoes, onions and olives in pieces.
3. In a smaller bowl make dressing of olive oil and vinegar with added salt and freshly grinded pepper.
4. Place the vegetables in a large bowl, along with the toasted bread cubes. Mix nice and pour the sauce.
Decorate with a few leaves of fresh basil on top.
Original source: www.ifoodrecipe.com/vegetable-salad-with-crispy-toasted-bread-cubes