What is a “super food”?
First it was blueberries, then spinach, broccoli and so on. Recently, scientists with the use of the modern technology, discovered that lot of everyday cheap food can replace many expensive pills. And also that acts defensively against many serious diseases. These foods are also called “superfoods”.
Kale is a vegetable that belongs to this category called super food. This leafy green vegetable is eaten during the whole year. You have many choices to consume it: mixed with another fruit in a juicer and drink it as juice. You can eat it as a salad or as ingredient in a pottage and also you can add it to other dishes as healthy main dish.
Kale is extremely nutritious and low-caloric food. This green leafy vegetable provides to out health and body many benefits because it is rich with micronutrients, including vitamins A, C and B6. Contains very important minerals like manganese, potassium, iron, copper, carotenoids and chlorophyll. Kale is rich in calcium, which can absorb up to 30% more, unlike calcium in milk from animal origin. Contains lutein and zeaxanthin that protects our eyes.
Kale is an exceptional source of vitamin B that is soluble in water, and is rich in iron. That is why is recommended for people with thin blood symptoms. The American Centre for Drug Control and the Center for Control and Prevention of Diseases, recommend that women should take daily 400 micrograms of vitamin B soluble in water. Pregnant women must be especially cautious of this intake, because the lack of it can cause serious neurological consequences in children.
Why Kale is world’s most impressive superfood?
- Because contains huge amounts of vitamin C, kale is excellent for your skin. Successfully increases its elasticity tone and youthful appearance.
- Kale fight infection and helps in lowering blood cholesterol.
- Fights mostly against stomach, breast, colon and ovarian cancer.
- Good amounts of fiber that regulates the digestion, prevents constipation and helps to prevent overeating.
- It is also very rich in antioxidants that help in boosting your immunity, maintaining healthy bones and teeth, protects reproductive organs and is one of the important foods in detoxifying the body.
- Against high blood pressure
Because of the curing properties, doctors recommend to be consumed mostly fresh as a salad with the addition of garlic.
Fresh juice of kale is one of Japan’s most famous healthy beverages.